Written recipe for Tomato basil soup
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
• Tomatoes 5-6 medium size
• Boiling water
• Ice-cold water
• Olive oil 1 tbsp
• Garlic 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper 1/4th tsp
• Oregano ½ tsp
• Red chilli flakes 1 tsp
• Sugar 1 tsp
• Hot water 250 ml
• Basil leaves 2-3 nos. (chopped)
• Corn starch 1 tbsp + water 50 ml
• Fresh cream 1 tbsp
• Make an “x” cut on the tomatoes, set water for boiling in wok or pan and add the tomatoes. Let the tomatoes cook for 2-3 minutes and transfer them to an ice-cold water, allow the tomatoes to cool own and further peel off the skin.
• Now roughly chop the tomatoes and grind them to a fine puree.
• Set a deep pan vessel on medium heat, add olive oil and garlic, sauté for few seconds and add the tomato puree by passing it through a sieve or a strainer.
• Add salt & pepper, oregano and chilli flakes, mix well and cook for a minute, add sugar further cook it for 5-6 minutes.
• Add hot water and basil and mix well. You can adjust the quantity of water depending how thick or thin you want your soup to be.
• Add cornstarch and water mixture to the soup and cook until it thickens.
• Add fresh cream and stir well.
• Your hot tomato soup is ready, serve hot along with some croutons on side.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: