Easy homemade Butternut Squash Soup is savory, creamy, rich and naturally thick, perfect for the cold season!
1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
6 cups peeled & chopped butternut squash (~ 1 small butternut squash yields)
1 medium carrot, peeled & chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups vegetable (chicken or beef) broth
½ cup heavy cream
Thyme and oregano, to taste (optional)
For Serving (optional):
Toasted pumpkin seeds
Glaze with balsamic vinegar (heavy cream or olive oil)
Blue or goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and carrot. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add butternut squash and season with salt, pepper, ginger, and nutmeg. Pour beef (chicken or vegetable) broth to cover vegetables. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 30-40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
4. Use an immersion blender and purée on high until creamy and smooth.
5. Serve warm, topped with your desired garnishes.
★ Get More Easy Fall Recipes:
Pumpkin Pie with orange sauce
Thanksgiving Side Dishes: Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie with Salted Caramel and Apples
Chocolate Pumpkin Swirl Loaf
Maple Pecan Pie Recipe
Caramel Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin Orange Soup
Butternut Squash Salad
Fish Soup Recipe
Pumpkin Pancakes with Orange Sauce
★ My Links: